About Me

My photo
Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain
Welcome to my exciting new Eddie Rock Camino de Santiago blog. If you like what you read here, why not buy my book at http://www.caminosantiago.co.uk.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Next Year will be my Year( I say that every year)

A year in the life of Camino de Santiago: Sinners guide travel Writer Eddie Rock:
Well what can I say its certainly been a year of ups downs and a great big kick in the balls to boot! I think my greatest achivement was managing to sell two books to devout Catholic nuns from the west coast of Ireland. But the big kick in the cream crackers came after many years of getting rejection letters from all the publishers agents ect, ect : Well if thats not gonna work I thought? what better place to sell the book that on the Camino de Santiago itself...simple...easy...piece of pish...Just set up a stall on a nice grassy knoll where the thousands of pilgrims pass by and get selling. I even got two great big posters made up grew a great big woolly beard and an authentic pilgrim outfit... I was ready...
On the first day we were almost murdered by a psycopath and arrested by the Guarda civil whom we thing were looking for the afor mentioned nutter! this all happend at the famous Cruz De Ferro: It might be the highest point of the Camino but it was one of the lowest points of my year and thats a Fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment